APNO offers financial aid to Missouri students in a graduate or doctorate level advanced practice program. Scholarships are awarded at our annual conference each fall.
To qualify for the scholarship, you must be currently enrolled in an accredited program leading to a MSN, Post Masters or DNP degree to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse. You must meet the following criteria:
Have completed 12 hours of Masters level courses
Be a Missouri resident
Previous recipients are not eligible.
The program does not have to be located in the state of Missouri, but the student must be a resident of Missouri.
PROCESS FOR APPLYING:
1. Download the following forms (print 2 copies of the letter of reference)
Scholarship Verification of Student Stat[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [136.3 KB]
2. Gather the required supporting documents:
- Proof of Missouri Residency (such as copy of MO Driver's License)
- Verification of Student Status form completed by Dean/Director of program
During the application process, you will have the opportunity to upload electronic
versions of these forms, or you may choose to mail them separately.
3. Complete an online application by clicking below, including a biographical statement (250 word or less) addressing the following:
- How your experience as a RN has prepared you for an APN role
- Measureable and clearly articulated short term personal goals
- Measureable and clearly articulated long term personal goals
- Why you feel you should be considered for the scholarship
- #12 font
- Double spaced
- Not more than 250 words. Biographical statements longer than 250 words will disqualify the application for consideration.
Click HERE to access the online application form.
4. Have two letters of reference completed and mailed to the address below.
Send supporting documents to:
Advanced Practice Nurses of the Ozarks
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 14308
Springfield MO 65814