APNO offers financial aid to Missouri students in a graduate or doctorate level advanced practice program. Scholarships are awarded at our annual conference each fall.
Must be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate level program leading to a Master’s degree or Post-Master’s certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse. The program of study for the Master's degree or the Post-Master's Certificate must be located in the state of Missouri, the student must be a Missouri resident, and the student must have completed at least 12 hours of credit towards the Master's degree or Post-Master's Certificate.
Must have completed a Master’s level Advanced Practice Nurse program or Post-Master’s certificate program as an Advanced Practice Nurse AND currently be enrolled in a PhD in Nursing or DNP program. The program of study for the PhD in Nursing or DNP does not have to be located in the state of Missouri, but the student must be a resident of Missouri.
Must be enrolled in an RN to DNP Program. The program does not have to be located in the state of Missouri, but the student must be a resident of Missouri.
PROCESS FOR APPLYING:
1. Download the following forms (print 2 copies of the letter of reference)
Scholarship Verification of Student Stat[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [136.3 KB]
2. Gather the required supporting documents:
- Proof of Missouri Residency (such as copy of MO Driver's License)
- Verification of Student Status form completed by Dean/Director of program
During the application process, you will have the opportunity to upload electronic
versions of these forms, or you may choose to mail them separately.
3. Complete an online application by clicking below, including a biographical statement (250 word or less) addressing the following:
- How your experience as a nurse prepared you for an Advanced Practice Role
- Your short term goals
- Your long term goals
- Why you feel you should be considered for this scholarship
4. Have two letters of reference completed and mailed to the address below.
Send supporting documents to:
Advanced Practice Nurses of the Ozarks
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 14308
Springfield MO 65814