Each member receives the following benefits:
* Access to networking opportunities - with other area Advanced Practice Nurses. Meetings are sometimes sponsored by a pharmaceutical company in conjunction with a dinner. Programs cover a wide range of topics from Pediatrics to Geriatrics, as well as specialty clinical topics such as Nephrology, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Psychiatry etc.
* Continuing educational programs - offered at least quarterly on a variety of topics
* Opportunities for professional development - through public relations and marketing.
* Involvement in community - such as awarding of scholarships and volunteerism.
* Group membership benefits via AANP - APNO is a group member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. This offers several benefits to APNO members, including $10 off AANP's annual membership dues. Click here to learn more about the group membership benefits from AANP.